If you are either new to motorcycling or have recently moved to the area, finding a motorcycle service shop in Eugene, OR that you can depend on for excellent work and friendly service is a must for any motorcyclist. But unless you already have experience with the different businesses, how can you be confident that you are choosing the right one?
While there is never going to be a way to know with 100 percent certainty that this is the case, there are certainly different steps you can take to make an informed and confident decision about where you take your business. Here are six things you can do to find a quality motorcycle service shop in Eugene, OR:
- Ask the experts: One of the best things about motorcycling is the thriving community of passionate and knowledgeable folks that take part in the pastime. If there are motorcyclists in the area whom you admire and respect, ask for their opinion on a reliable and reasonably priced service shop. If they like it, chances are you will, too.
- Go local: When it comes to hiring a service, seeking out strong local businesses is always a good idea. You can count on excellent customer service and a high rate of consistency, as well as important local knowledge about motorcycling. What’s more, your money will be supporting your local economy, which is always a nice bonus.
- Look for professional organizations: A good motorcycle service shop ought to make an effort to educate itself about the latest advances and best products in the industry, as well as general best business practices. Belonging to a solid professional organization, such as the Oregon chapter of the National Federation of Independent Business, is a good sign that your potential service does just that.
- Seek experience: Obviously, you wouldn’t advise someone who has only ridden a motorcycle a couple times to embark on a cross-country trip. Similarly, you need to have a fully experienced mechanic working on your bike. The longer your motorcycle service shop in Eugene, OR has been in business, the better.
- Ask questions: Before hiring a motorcycle service, you deserve to feel confident that they know what they are doing. Come prepared with a few detailed questions beforehand to ensure the shop is legit. If they are rude or reluctant to answer your questions, move on to the next shop.
- Trust your gut: At the end of the day, one of the most important things is that you feel comfortable communicating with a motorcycle service shop and trusting them to care for your bike. If something in your gut tells you that a particular shop is not for you, listen to it and keep searching.
Those looking for an experienced, friendly and local motorcycle service shop in Eugene, OR will find what they are looking for at Jim’s Power To Go. Please feel free to swing by our shop or give us a call anytime to learn more about us and our quality, affordable services.